Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Looking For The Lost.

I've decided to return to a part of me that's been hiding for awhile.

I wrote a lot when I was younger. Some pieces I wrote, I am still proud of to this day, even as a mid-thirt'ish woman looking over the words of her 20 year old self.

Actually, when I read past poetry and other ramblings, I find myself wishing I could write that well again. I wonder if I can ever tap into that again.

I wonder where that part of me has disappeared?

She seemed to die not long after I had my heart truly broken for the first time, when I was 21. The person who broke it never deserved to have it in the first place...but that usually seems to be the view from where the broken sit.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

The point is, the part of my heart that beat out those beautiful songs seemed to get lost somewhere when all the pieces fell to the weathered ground. Some wind picked a few of those parts up and blew them into nooks and crannies that were too dark and too far away to see?

They couldn't have been blown away altogether. Where they eventually fell and settled can't have been unreachable by me.

Inner worlds have no cracks so they had to be there...somewhere.

I thought, at first, that 'that girl' died. Now I realize, she never died, she just was tired and disillusioned and lay down to sleep for awhile in order to gain access to her dreams again.

I considered continuing my SoulsJuice blog. However, I think it's served it's purpose during my previous chapter and it's time for a new one.

So, welcome to my new mindspace. Come and walk down Lotus Road with me for a little while...or a long while. Your choice... but I'd be glad for a little company. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment